August 29, 2009

Aspen in Yellowstone



I love that it is only 8:30 AM and I have this painting done and posted, and have another half done. For some reason it is so much easier to jump out of bed early on weekends than during the week. On with the day!

This is a scene from Yellowstone. I was in Wyoming a couple years ago to paint with a group and afterwards I took a drive through the northern end of YS before heading up to Red Lodge for a couple days. I remember this stretch of road exactly, through this beautiful open valley, mountains on either side and there was this golden stand of Aspens against all the blues of the mountains. I love how two years later I can put myself back there and remember the details of the moment. This is one of my favorite places. Very magical to me.

And.....this time next week I will be there again! Out to Utah to see my daughter and then we're heading up to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone for a couple days. No painting this time but lots of pictures.

Krista...you're gonna love this place!

Aspen In Yellowstone
6x8 oil on linen panel
145.00 + 12.00 S/H

6 comments:

Lissa said...

Love it, Deb! Take lots of pictures - I will visit Yellowstone vicariously through you and Krista!

Chuck Dilmore said...

Deb,
this is just gorgeous!

and cool that you leap
out of your bunk on a Saturnday!
that's inspired!

and it shows~
C

Krista said...

I can't wait Mom. Love you.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Liss, I promise lots of pictures and a gasp by gasp account of the beauty!

thanks Chuck - I think I was inspired!

WooHoo Krista! I can't wait either. Love you too.

Double "D" said...

Deb, this looks like it was painted on location.
Beautiful job, I like the way the yellow tree reflects the sun and really pops.

I'm off to Maine next week for some painting and photography of my own.

Have great time on your adventure.

Best wishes,
Doug

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Doug! I like that it looks fresh and on location. Have a great trip yourself. Someday I would like to check out Maine for myself - I've always headed west - it may be time to head east.