December 15, 2010

Early Winter on Minnehaha Creek

 Early Winter on Minnehaha Creek
8x16 Oil

During our Snowmageddon storm last weekend I decided to test the shoulder and painted this. The shoulder is feeling pretty good (in spite of a lot snow shoveling) so I'm hoping to get back on a more regular painting schedule after the holidays. I stayed pretty loose with this and I like it at this point  - maybe a just a few more tweaks. I painted another little floral - just trying to saty loose and not over think it. I'll post that tomorrow. This is going to be my new mantra for painting. Allowing it to dictate how it wants to be painted instead of me trying to control it so much. Easier said than done for me.

You can tell what's important here - the collapse of the metrodome roof and the cancellation of the Vikings game last Sunday is what made national news with our storm. Never mind the 18 inches we got hit with. Travel is still a pain in the a** on many side streets - there's nowhere to put all this snow! and we have 4 more inches predicted for today and tonight. Whee! And it's not even officially winter yet.

©2010 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.
Please contact me if you are interested in this or any other pieces.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I love this Mom. It is nice to have you back and posted your beautiful artwork. Love you!

joe stansberry said...

Ill be home soon from Mauritius.. paradise! thanks for sending me back to Home! love the painting Deb! Such talent.. Merry Christmas If I don't talk to you.. joe

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Krista. Does it make you miss MN??

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Joe. Merry Christmas to you too.