May 1, 2017

May Flowers - Floral Painting - Deb Kirkeeide

May Flowers | 6x6 Oil | ©2017 Deb Kirkeeide

With all the April rain (and snow) we've gotten here in Minnesota, Spring has made her appearance with green returning to the landscape. And of course flowers are starting to make an appearance and I can't resist their blooms of color!

I love how soothing this turned out with it's creamy soft colors. I hope the flowers are blooming where you are!



And for something a little different.... 

 
Eva's Puffins | 12 x 12 oil | ©2017 Deb Kirkeeide

I painted this for my favorite 4 year old's birthday. My granddaughter Eva turns 4 today and she said she wanted a puffin painting! (Among other subjects!)
My tradition is to make some art for her each birthday. I think it will be fun to see how her tastes evolve over the years to come!

No comments: