September 29, 2007

Early Color minnesota plein air painting



The weather gave me a break today and I went out to the yard to put my workshop knowledge to test. I attempted to do this quickly and with a bolder approach in color. It certainly helps that the maples are beginning to turn here in Minnesota. It's a perfect fall day here (for the moment) and is my favorite time of year. I have to admit I miss the mountains of Wyoming and feel the urge to start a fire in the wood stove of the cabin. The fireplace will have to do.

SOLD

If interested in this or any other paintings please contact me at kirkeeide@mac.com

Thanks for visiting!

© 2007 Deb Kirkeeide. all rights reserved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss the autumn colors here, living in the land of redwoods. I love the boldness of your strokes here.
Have the sumacs started to turn yet?
~Sue O'Kieffe

Deb Kirkeeide said...

The sumacs are starting to turn but they aren't quite at their brilliant red yet.