February 17, 2008

oil painting of daisy by Deb Kirkeeide



This painting is the result of my third attempt of this daisy. I have a feeling there will be another version of this as I'm wanting to try a more dramatic approach. This became a study in subtlety and I have dubbed it Pretty Prima Donna because it became a battle of wills in how it finally presented itself. I figure after the third time around it was time to let it be what it wanted to be.
My daughter and I have been watching the
Planet Earth series lately. If you haven't seen it you should. It is a truly amazing and beautiful series and I don't know how anyone can watch it and not want to do everything they can to preserve our planet.

Pretty Prima Donna
10x10 oil on canvas
not available




Thanks for visiting!
©2008 deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

No comments: