October 9, 2008

The Great Little White Pumpkin



I seem to have hit an artist's block. Actually I've felt like I've been hitting my head up against that block for the past month. ( no wonder my head hurts!) Even the simplest of subjects seems to be challenging. It happens, and if the words of wisdom are right - I'm on to a breakthrough in my art. I suspect part of it is the multitude of things occupying my mind at the moment, no wonder the muse isn't showing up without a struggle! So, I'm not going to worry about getting that painting out every day and I'm going to get the other things done, like planning for house guests, spending the next couple weeks with my daughter before she moves to Florida again, do some business planning...and I'll still paint. It really makes it so much easier once I decide to allow myself to do the other stuff. A lot better than wallowing in my artist "angst" - which really is a waste of time. I wonder what other artists do when it just ain't workin'? Let me know.

This is one of those little white pumpkins from a previous painting. You need a small exacto blade to carve these little guys!

The Great Little White Pumpkin
6x6 oil on canvas panel
$50








Thanks for your visit!
©Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

PAT MEYER -- said...

This little pumpkin is just plain fun. I know you must have had a great time painting this one. Strokes give it great movement.

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

Aww! This is beautiful! So sweet and warm.