May 18, 2011

Wild Daisies


Wild Daisies
6 x 8 Oil
© 2011 Deb Kirkeeide

This is a little wild - thus the name. I'm experimenting and playing with some different surfaces and a looser style. Of course it feels a little foreign so it's still in the development stage. It was fun to try something a little different. Where it goes remains to be seen! 



On another note, I wanted to share a couple birds I met this past weekend. I am an artist with Project Art for Nature and I've been exploring areas latley for study. I've decided I want to make my focus on birds - right now -herons and cranes. 
And raptors. 
These are two birds that are taken care of at the Lowry Nature Center in Carver Park Reserve. During an educational session I was able to get pretty close for some pics. The top one is a Merlin and the other is a Barred Owl. Definitely different personalities and both amazingly beautiful.

Thanks for visiting!

©2011 Deb Kirkeeide. all rights reserved

1 comment:

Double "D" said...

Really love the abstract nature of this one. Looks good mon. Hey, email me your snail mail address and I'll send you a book on hawks. I think you'll find it interesting and helpful. By the way, the illustrations are awesome ... snark.