May 30, 2015

A Portrait of Izzy - Original Cat oil painting by Deb Kirkeeide

Izzy
6x6 Oil
nfs

When my friend had to say goodbye to her beloved Izzy I knew that I wanted to paint him as a keepsake of their loving companionship. Even I miss having him grace me with his attention when I was over for a visit. He was pretty much devoted to my friend but he did seem to like me too. 

My friend loved the painting. I think, as an artist, the most gratifying part of my job is when another finds joy and meaning in what I have created. That is truly my purpose and is the most valuable reward.

To Izzy, you are missed but remembered fondly!


If you are interested in a painted keepsake of your pet I am available for comissions.
For more information and examples of my work please visit my website.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Merchant said...

Max the Cat on the dailypainters art site caught my eye. Then I found your Portrait of Izzy. It occured to me that with some tweaking ... your cat images might find a home in the licensing niche.