November 22, 2015

Sly Charmer - Fox wildlife painting - Deb Kirkeeide

Sly Charmer
20 x 16 x 1.5 Oil
on cradled hardboard
©2015 Deb Kirkeeide

I finished this a while ago and just realized I hadn't posted it here yet. Inspiration is a great thing.
It comes and knocks on the door, keeps knocking until you answer or it moves on. (I borrowed that analogy from Elizabeth Gilbert's new book, Big Magic. Though I believe she said it better.)

In this case I got this persistent urge to paint a fox. After a few weeks I acted on it and this is the result. I really like how he turned out with the beautiful autumn colors and texture in the painting. And in the process I discovered a new approach to my painting on a smooth wood surface.  

And did you know...
In Chinese folklore, the fox may assume a human shape at the age of fifty, and at its hundredth birthday it becomes a either a wizard or a lovely maiden.

SOLD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Takes my breath away.