January 6, 2016

Blue Bunny - Original rabbit painting by Deb Kirkeeide

Blue Bunny
 6x6 Oil on hardwood SOLD
©2016 Deb Kirkeeide

This would probably be more fitting for springtime but somewhere in the world, I believe there is a bunny sitting in the grass, in the sunshine.

I've lived in my house for about twelve years now and have encountered a lot of wildlife in my backyard but never a bunny until a couple years ago. And where there is one, eventually another ( or more) shows up. Surprisingly there has only been one other. Mama's little one joined in the fun this summer. They would venture out from beneath the deck and snack on the many dandelion greens growing in my yard. The little one would venture about the yard each time going farther  and going into the neighbor's yards. I would watch for her and warn her of the dangers out there. (I am very protective of my little ones!) I don't see her much in the winter but I am seeing tracks in the snow so I know she/they are still around. Isn't she cute? Her name is Charlotte.

As always, visit my website for more paintings!

No comments: