August 16, 2017

Dog Days of Summer - "All You Need Is Love" - Dog Portrait by Deb Kirkeeide

"Love Is All You Need" | 6x6 | Oil 
This sweet boy reminds me of one of my favorite shows as a kid - The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin. (That and Lassie.) I loved those dogs and daydreamed of my very own dog that would follow me everywhere and take care of me when I got into trouble!

It turns out the original Rin Tin Tin was rescued from the battlefield during WWI by an American soldier, Lee Duncan, who nicknamed him "Rinty"and went on to become an international movie star and appeared in 27 Hollywood films. Rin Tin Tin was responsible for greatly increasing the popularity of German Shepherd dogs as family pets.

Quite a career and legacy!

Consider giving a rescue dog a home - All you need is Love!

Have you got a special dog who holds a special place in your heart? If you would like to honor your special relationship you can find more information on commissioning a special portrait here.


No comments: