December 9, 2007

Visiting Santa



When I was little my Mom would dress us up and we would go downtown to the big department store to see Santa. The line to Santa would wind through this magical fantasy land. Trees with lights, snow on the floor, some elves and reindeer to give the illusion that we were at the North Pole going to see Santa. After we saw Santa we would get to shop for presents in a special kid size store that mom and dad couldn't go in because they were too big. It was all so magical, especially as a kid. Later as an adult I designed these Christmas fantasy lands - designing the theme and decor, creating the animated figures to go into the displays, writing special stories. It was great fun and hard work, but I think it was one of the most satisfying jobs I've had. I miss the simplicity and the magic of this time of year that we carry as a child. I want that magical wonder and anticipation again. To just be good and wake up on Christmas morning and have things magically be there.
This painting is a reminder of one of those magical times.

Visiting Santa
8x8 oil on canvas



If interested in this or any other paintings please contact me at kirkeeide@mac.com

Thanks for visiting!
©2007 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments: