April 5, 2008

Simply Pink - floral impressionist oil painting


It was a glorious day here and no, I didn't get out to paint - they were predicting rain for the afternoon which of course never came. I should have known better.
Another in the flower series this week. I had done a smaller one the other night but I wasn't really happy with the composition and thought I would give it a go again today. This one is a larger format and is much fresher in color and brush work, which is what I was going for.

Simply Pink
10 x 8 oil on canvas panel
Sold

Thanks for visiting!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Dar Presto said...

Your florals are so beautiful. I especially enjoy the Ranunculus. I admire your ability to capture complicated petal and leaf shape with your free brushwork. "Simply pink" has great lighting.

Joy Logan said...

I can just smell this one!!! YUM,nice work,lovely paintings.