July 17, 2008

Kelly - pet portrait



This is Kelly. Her owner is a volunteer of the English Springer Spaniel rescue league. Her special "cause" is fostering and adopting dogs aged ten and older. She adopted Kelly when she was twelve and had had a stroke. She only expected to have her for six months but ended up having her for 4 1/2 years. I think it is very honorable to take in an older dog, especially one with health issues. She told me it is surprising how many older dogs end up in foster care due to their family dying or going into assisted living. She says there has also been an influx of dogs due to the mortgage crisis.

So if you have it in your heart to adopt a dog, think of one like Kelly.

Kelly
8x8 Oil on Canvas
SOLD

2 comments:

Dianne Mize said...

Way to go!

DCGal61 said...

I am the person who commissioned this portrait and let me tell you that Deb has beautifully captured Kelly's eyes and expression. I will treasure this painting forever.