June 4, 2017

Fun En Plein Air!

Apple Orchard | 9x12 | ©Deb Kirkeeide | Available Here

A funny thing happened on the way home from the winery...

Over the weekend our plein air group - Outdoor Painters of Minnesota - gathered to paint at one our favorite venues, Parley Lake Winery. The winery focuses on creating a wine and art experience and their award winning wines are delicious. Who would have thought we'd have a wine region here in Minnesota!



It was a fun day of painting, celebrating and making new friends. And we had live music and even easel-side wine service! What more can you ask for?









"So where are the paintings?" you ask.
Well, I painted two - a fun quick study of the horses in morning light. They didn't hang around long enough to finish the painting but I did like the quick study in it's abstract color and shapes.
My second was a view of the pasture and rollings hills. 

At the end of the day I carried my gear and paintings back to the car. I (now) remember setting the paintings on top of the car while I loaded everything in. And yes, you guessed it, I forgot I had put them there and drove home. They were long gone by then. I'm pretty sure they are laying in the dirt somewhere.

C'est la vie! It was still a good day!

No comments: