June 12, 2007

I'd Rather Be Playing Softball


Or in my case I would rather be painting than working on my website. (I am having website issues) Or rather than heading off to work on this fine day. Right now would be a good time to get out and do a little plein air - the light is perfect. Ahhh, well... someday I will be getting up everyday and my work will be to paint.
This guy was kind enough to sit for a session in a workshop with Carolyn Anderson that I attended. He did a fine job and had never modeled before...and said he probably wouldn't again - he'd rather be out playing softball. Can't say that I'd blame him, I'm not sure I would be able to sit for very long either. This figurative is a little different from my usual florals and landscapes but defintely a subject in which I want to push myself and grow in confidence and technique. They've always been a challenge for me - I'm sure it's more of a mental block than a skill block, but I guess it is all tied in together.
Off to play in the digital world and painting with pixels instead of oils.

Rather Be Playing Softball
10 x 12
Oil on Raymar panel

copyright 2007 Deb Kirkeeide

No comments: