June 25, 2007

Redheads



I am finally able to post. I painted this a little larger (okay, more than a little) than my normal 6x8s. Although it isn't terribly large - 12x16 I really find it a challenge to paint larger. The brush strokes and movements just aren't the same. And they take me longer to paint. I've been wrestling with these things lately. Not sure what's going on. But I have reached a point where I want to paint beyond instinctively, which I have been doing for a couple years, and applying more thought and technique. I could use a class alone on just how to mix paint on my pallette. My present way doesn't seem too efficient. In time all that will become intuitive as well but for now it begins to seem more mechanical when I have to think so much. But it will come.

Redheads
12x16 Oil on stretched canvas

copyright 2007 Deb Kirkeeide

Any questions or inquiries please contact me at kirkeeide@mac.com

No comments: