June 22, 2008

Joyous Perfection


This weekend was wonderful. One of those times where I felt I was very much in alignment with the vision of my life as an artist. Among other things in the last three days, I spent Saturday painting with the Outdoor Painters of Minnesota. We painted at Noremburg Gardens on Lake Minnetonka. Even though I am a member I really haven't gone to the paint outs too much. It was great, connecting with and getting to know some new artists, knocking out two paintings that I feel pretty good about, chatting with passersby and even a little show and tell in the parking lot with a couple who happened to ask about the group. Weather wise we couldn't have had a better day and as I painted all day overlooking the lake I couldn't help but feel grateful for this joyous perfection. To absolutely know you are doing the thing that you are meant to be doing. I accomplished a lot this weekend, finished three paintings, started a commission, sold three more to a collector who just bought two a couple weeks ago, got those ready for shipping, designed, printed and delivered some last minute promotional cards for a shop that just recently started showing my paintings and found them displayed prominently where everyone is sure to see them. As james Brown would say..."I feel good...." you know what I mean?

Morning Light, Plein Air Nuremburg Gardens
8x6 oil on canvas panel

Contact me for purchase. Thanks for your visit!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

n. rhodes harper said...

Beautiful paintings!

Molly Young said...

Love this one. Very Cezanne like!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks so much to both of you. It's nice to see new "faces" here!