July 28, 2007

After the Rains



After spending most of my week on the art of business and the business of art, I needed to paint. I find when I get pulled away from painting for a long period of time it feels like something is missing. And it doesn't flow as easily after a long break. The brushes, the paint, somehow feel rusty and it takes a little time to get reacquainted and get back into that old familiar groove.

I've mentioned before that this tree is my favorite. I look at it everyday and have decided to do a series of it at different times of the year or day. This is after a rainfall that left everything heavy with moisture and a cast of blue.

Today I'm painting plein air with a good friend and wonderful artist Kristin Grevich who's work has grown so much in the short time that I have known her. You should check her work out.

No comments: