July 8, 2007

One Tree, two versions




This magnificent tree lives in my backyard or maybe I should say I live in it's yard since it has been here way longer than I have.
I love it and am fascinated by it's form and character. It has great presence. I've always thought to do a series of paintings capturing it's many guises throughout the year. These were done plein air on the same day the first being painted late morning and the other in the evening. Both are 6x8 oil on Raymar panels

copyright 2007 Deb Kirkeeide

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Deb~
Now I really look forward to each new post and memories of home! I love trees too. It is obvious to me how much love you poured into these paintings. And, hearing how hot it has been recently, even though you paint in the morning and evening, Im sure it still must have been warm. Many blessings to you.
~Sue

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Sue. I did these before it got really awful weatherwise. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a fair weather plein air artist!