July 31, 2007

Got My Eye On You



This started out as a sketch, experimenting with color and shape. Really just doodling. But I like it. I like the texture of the partially wiped background and the sketchiness of it. Almost like a watercolor approach. I would like to experiment with a larger painting using layers and washes of transparent color like this.

I think this looks like someone observing a secret world through this tiny little window - maybe a window to the soul.

2007 Deb Kirkeeide
More paintings can be seen on my website

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah...the window to the soul...
~Sue O'Kieffe

Artists With Artitude said...

Hi Deb! Thank you so much for visiting my little blog. I really love your paintings du jour, especially that one. Wow! If this started out as a sketch...amazing. Looking forward to visiting you daily :)