July 30, 2007

Earthy Snowflakes




copyright 2007 Sue O'Kieffe

I recently came across Sacred Circle Mandalas by Sue O'Kieffe. She creates mandalas using her wonderful photography from nature. In a conversation we had, I wondered what a painting would look like as a mandala. These are the results. She worked with an image of my painting of Minnehaha Creek and went further by combining it with one of her own images and the results are beautiful. I think they look like Earthy Snowflakes - combining the colors of our landscape with the the winters we are so accustomed to associating Minnesota with. Please go to her site for more images and details on her process. It's well worth it. This was fun Sue, thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it was fun for me too, deb....a great way for us all to enjoy "minnesnowda" ...
~sue o'kieffe

Rima said...

Love your work and love what Sue has done too. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.