August 16, 2007

Calistoga Cottage



This was fun to paint. Very loosely and quick capturing the dappled sunlight on the cottage. This brings back wonderful memories of a really great vacation.
I stayed in this little cottage on a visit to Calistoga, CA in Napa Valley. The Cottage Grove Inn has wonderful private cottages each with a unique theme and beautifully decorated. Very romantic, I highly recommend it if you are going to Napa.

Calistoga Cottage 8"x10" oil on canvas $120


Please contact me if you have any questions. kirkeeide@mac.com
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This isn't tooo very far from where I live. You have painted this in such a way to make the cottage very inviting. I hope you have showed your painting to the cottage owner!
~Sue

Brendy Vaughn said...

Oooh, I like the dappled light and loose brush strokes.

You have nice strokes in your work - your Safflower painting is my favorite.

Helen Read said...

I love the sun dappled effects!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks for the suggestion Sue. I will do that. You live close to Calistoga and Napa? I really loved it there when I visited. Someday I hope to make it back there.