August 27, 2007

Workin' On the Railroad



My Dad is a huge railroad fan and for father's day last year when an old steam locomotive was making a stop nearby, we went to visit. I ended up taking quite a few pictures and was intrigued by this man who was one of the workers. He just seemed to fit the era and his job. This is one of the paintings that resulted. In looking at these I'm thinking I might have to revisit this series and paint some more.

Working on the Railroad
8"x6" Oil on stretched canvas
SOLD

Thanks for visiting!
©2007 Deb Kirkeeide All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Artists With Artitude said...

There is such simplicity and strength in that painting, an ode to human work. And as you said, it has the aura of that place/time. I love the yellow as if the man was toiling under a baking heat. I love the force of his musculature and his resigned gesture. I would love to see more, please! Thanks.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thank you Neda, it is always wonderful to hear your comments.